Saturday, December 5, 2009

Integration Review

Integration Review all evens. These are from the Chapter Review exercises at the end of Chapter 4. Solutions to odd problems are online. Bring final questions on Monday and test Tuesday. If I am out Monday, then final questions on Tuesday and test Wednesday. If you have questions, let me know before then!!!!

Solution to #12 using geometric formulas:



And video solutions (not sure why I keep calling this problem 14, it is really problem 12):

Part 1:



Part 2:



Part 3 (Using integration - I think this is much more complicated, but you should follow it through and learn from the techniques used):



Part 4 (Finishing up with the integration and then taking a short cut or two)



I hope you spend some time going over these videos. The problem is not trivial and I can't say that I have ever solved or even seen a similar one, but hopefully we can learn something from it. I think it is a great problem and definitely a challenging one. :) Below is a printable copy of the solution.

1 comment:

  1. i don't have any of my math stuff at home for the test tomorrow! :( :(

    ReplyDelete